Stages of Vertebral Subluxations
Lebanon, PA Quentin Chiropractic – Michael A. Smith, D.C.
Stages of vertebral subluxations:
There are 3 stages your body goes through when it has a subluxation.
- Loss of normal body function…because the nerve pathway between the brain and the cells, tissue, glands, organs and systems is interfered with, body function can diminish.
- Degeneration with cell and tissue damage…with continued loss of function (not correcting subluxations), cells and tissue can start to atrophy (die) causing damage.
- Symptomatology…when enough cells or tissue are damaged over a period of time, symptoms may appear (i.e. pain, discomfort, disease, etc).
There are two types of subluxation care.
- Relief care… Which tries or has as its goal to get rid of the 3rd stage, Symptoms. Very often when a person starts subluxation care, after a period of time, their pain, discomfort,etc, may disappear. Subluxations do not cause all pain and discomfort and not all pain and discomfort is cause by subluxations.
- Correction care…which has as its goal correcting loss of function, Stage 1. Time is needed to repeatedly correct subluxations, taking the pressure off the nerves, thus allowing the nerve to heal, therefore increasing body function. When body function is increased then it just makes sense that there will be less tissue damage, cells will regenerate and build healthy tissue and symptomatology will reduce.
Contact Quentin Chiropractic – Michael A. Smith, D.C. today at 717-273-0002 to schedule your appointment. Browse the website for more information about chiropractic care or to view Quentin Chiropractic’s photo gallery.